Views: 25 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-04-10 Origin: Site
Whether to buy high-polymer gel batteries or lead-acid batteries? It seems that the functions of these two products are very similar; this article is going to tell you the differences between them and how to choose.
1. Environmental performance: gel battery uses high molecular polymer silicone electrolyte to replace sulfuric acid, which solves the problems of environmental pollution such as acid mist overflow and interface corrosion that have always existed in the production and use process. Can be used as fertilizer, no pollution, easy to handle, battery grid can also be recycled.
2. Charging acceptance ability: Charging acceptance ability is an important technical indicator to measure the storage battery. The high energy colloidal battery can be charged with a current value of 0.3-0.4CA. The conventional charging time is 3-4 hours, which is only 1/4 of that of a lead-acid battery. It can also use 0.8-1.5CA current value for fast charging. The fast charging time is less than 1 hour, which has exceeded the 0.5 hour rate. When charging with high current, the high-energy charged gel battery has no obvious temperature rise, nor will it affect the electrolyte characteristics and battery life. The rapid charging characteristics of high-energy colloidal storage batteries have broad application prospects for industries that require fast charging.
3. High current discharge characteristics: corresponding to the charging capacity, the discharge capacity of the battery is also an extremely important technical indicator.
A battery with a certain rated capacity can be discharged in a shorter time, which indicates that its discharge performance is stronger. The discharge standard for domestic communication batteries is a 10-hour rate, and the power battery is a 5-hour rate. Due to the extremely low internal resistance of the electrolyte, the high-capacity colloidal battery has good discharge characteristics at high currents, and can be generally discharged with current values of 0.6-0.8CA. The short-term discharge capacity of power batteries requires up to 15-30CA. Tested by the National Battery Quality Inspection Center, the discharge capacity of the high-energy colloidal battery at a 2-hour rate has reached the international advanced level.
4. Self-discharge characteristics: small self-discharge, good maintenance-free, easy to store for a long time. Ordinary lead-acid batteries usually need to be discharged / charged for maintenance after being stored in a 20 ° C environment for 180 days due to self-discharge factors; otherwise the battery life may be impaired.
Since the internal resistance of the high energy colloidal battery is only one-tenth of that of lead-acid batteries, its self-discharge electrode is small and has no memory effect. The capacity can still maintain 90% of the nominal capacity for one year at room temperature, this index ranks in the international advanced level.
5. Full-charge and full-discharge capability: High-capacity colloidal battery has strong full-charge and full-discharge capability. Repeated deep charge and discharge many times or even full charge and full discharge have little effect on the battery, and the lower limit protection of 10.5V (nominal voltage 12V) can be cancelled or reduced, which is very important for power batteries. Lead-acid batteries are usually equipped with a 10.5V low-voltage protection device when in use, and cannot continue to discharge when less than 10.5V. This is not only because of its poor low-voltage operating characteristics, but more importantly, deep discharge will damage the plates.
6. Strong self-recovery ability: The high-condensation colloidal battery has strong self-recovery ability, large rebound capacity, short recovery time, and can be used again after a few minutes of discharge, which is particularly beneficial for emergency use.
7. Low-temperature characteristics: High-capacity colloidal batteries can be used normally in the environment of -50 ℃-+ 50 ℃, while the capacity of lead-acid batteries drops sharply when used in the environment below -18 ℃.
8. Long service life: used as a communication power supply for more than 10 years. When used as a power supply, the number of deep cycle charge and discharge exceeds 500 times (350 times in national standards).